Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oddments and Tweaks - Featured Artist of the Week

 

 

 



This week's,  or month's  considering how well I've been keeping up with posting, is Heather. Her FireShop - Oddments and Tweaks- http://oddmentsandtweaks.artfire.com is filled with all sorts of little odds and ends of the geeky and magical sort. she has recycled SD card necklaces, not just fairy dust, water fairy dust, cave fairy dust, even some fairy snot. All those little things you didn't even know existed but now you need. And if you don't like the fairies you can always poison them! she has that too.


When I asked her what she like's to work with best, she answered : I'm the type of person who tends to dabble in a little bit of everything. From paper crafts, scrap booking, to sewing, to wire wrapping and jewelry; you'll find that I do a little of all of these things. Lately, I'm most known for the little bottle pendants that I make. Why that? Because it's fun! I love working with all the different mediums--crafting never gets boring! And it's awfully fun to learn something new. I\'m ALL about learning just about anything


Of everything you have created which is your favorite? Ooo... this is a hard one. I would have to say that one of my favorite things was a faux mosaic I made for a school project one time. I made it around the theme of Versailles and the French Revolution, by gluing pieces of paint samplers to a board with rubber cement.
 


And since this is the Geekery Guild, I had to ask
What makes you a geek?
 What doesn't make me a geek? I've always been eager to learn--anything and everything--so school was actually an enjoyable experience for me, except dealing with the other kids. I was always called "the smart girl" in school and got all of the affects of such a thing--I rarely had friends.
I'm also a major Fantasy geek. I started reading hardcore fantasy (the DragonLance series) when I was in the 5th grade. Since then, it's been a downhill slide into the fantasy world and my book shelves are completely full. So, obviously, reading is also a habit of mine. My husband and I are also gamers--we have all kinds of working systems ranging from the original NES to a Sega Dreamcast to an XBox 360. We're currently working on trying to get a PS3  (Donations anyone??)
Or maybe not, but you can visit her shop and buy some cool stuff so she can buy that PS3. Her stuff just tickles my fancy, I'm a fantasy geek too.


If you're looking for Heather online, you can find her of course at her artfire shop, http://oddmentsandtweaks.artfire.com but also on twitter -http://twitter.com/oddmentsntweaks , her blog,http://oddmentsandtweaks.blogspot.com and also her husband's website -http://www.talesfromplanetz.com , altogether some pretty cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment